Instructions for employers to schedule a campus information table using Handshake
- Log onto your Handshake account: https://app.joinhandshake.com/
- Click ‘Create an Event’ on your homepage or go to ‘Events’ on the left-hand navigation bar and click ‘Request Event’ on the top right-hand corner.
Complete the following sections to request your event.
- Event Name: Type your event name using the following format: Your Organization Name -Information Table (campus name, i.e. California, Clarion or Edinboro).
- Event Categories: Select Hiring and recruiting and/or About your company
- Start & End Date & Time: Please select the date and time that best fits your schedule.
The following days of the week are best for on-campus information tables. Student traffic is typically highest between 11am-1pm.
- PennWest California – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- PennWest Clarion – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- PennWest Edinboro – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Contact: Your name
- Where is your event being held: On-campus
- Which school is hosting: Type PennWest University
- Which career center is hosting: Select campus (California, Clarion or Edinboro)
Please note: You will need to request a separate event for each campus location you would like to visit.
- Write an effective description: Within this section, please be sure to minimally include the position(s) for which you are recruiting, eligible majors, eligible class standing, and if the position is full-time, part-time, or an internship. In addition to this information, you may choose to add a short job description and additional qualifications, a brief description of your company, or any additional information that you believe is relevant to students interested in visiting your information table.
- Update event thumbnail: Upload your organization logo or other event image that will be visible to students. If an image is not uploaded, PennWest’s logo will be visible.
- Survey: Please read through and answer all questions on the survey portion of the event
- Click ‘Request Event’.
From here, you will be taken to the Overview page, where you will see the status as Pending in the top right-hand corner. This will remain ‘pending’ until the PennWest campus specific Career Center has approved the event. You will also see a summary of information you provided, including your survey responses. If you need to change any of those details, please click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
- After ensuring that your requested date and time is available, you will receive a Handshake notification that your event has been approved and a confirmation email from a staff member with important information regarding your visit, including parking instructions.