For questions about internships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to gain relevant experience and/or earn academic credit for an internship?
Follow the steps below to get started.
Finding the perfect internship takes time, so we recommend starting at least one semester before you plan to intern.
Step 1: Meet with your faculty advisor
Speak with your faculty advisor and ask the following:
- What is the current internship process for my major?
- Does my major require a for-credit internship?
- If no, is it beneficial for me to complete an internship for academic credit?*
- How many internship credits are required or do you suggest I take? For most majors 37.5 hours of work = 1 credit
- How/when will the internship course fit in my schedule to count towards degree completion?
- Am I eligible to complete an internship based on my GPA, academic standing, courses completed, and class year?
- How do I register the internship for academic credit and what is the deadline?
*Students may complete internships for academic credit or not for academic credit. For-credit internships are registered as a course.
A) Get help finding an internship
- Learn about resources to help you find internships
- Review your resumes and cover letters
- Practice interviewing