How to get an official transcript for an application

Use these instructions for obtaining an official transcript. This process works for graduates of legacy universities and PennWest University.

  1. Go to this link.
  2. Enter the school as “PennWest” and complete the required information
  3. You will have two choices of how to receive your transcript: Mail/paper copy or Electronic PDF delivered via email.
  4. For job applications*, choose the electronic PDF copy and have this emailed directly to you.
  5. For Graduate School applications, follow the instructions to send the transcripts to the school(s).
  6. Once you receive it, you must download and save the PDF to your hard drive/computer, cloud storage, etc. because the link to view it will only be active for a limited time.
  7. Once you do this, you will have your own copy that you can upload to any job application.

Note: Only submit an official transcript if the application specifically states official transcripts are required.

Currently enrolled students can access an unofficial transcript for free in Degree Works.

View Resource