NOTE: You must be a resident of PA to qualify for this position. The GA must be available both through December 2024.
The Peer Career Coach GA will:
- Under the direction of the Associate Director or Career Center Professionals, provide basic career services to students at all three PW campuses via Zoom appointments, in person (on your home campus) or recordings.
- Educate students on how to request an appointment with a GA or career coach via Handshake to explore career options, prepare job search documents, or search for internships, employment or graduate school.
- Assist career coaches by performing the initial contact with students to review resumes and cover letters. Provide basic reviews of rough drafts of student resumes and cover letters and make suggestions for needed improvement.
- Provide students with information on Focus2 to help them prepare for a major or career exploration conversation with a career coach.
- Provide students with information on Big Interview to help prepare for a practice interview with a GA or career coach.
- Promote the Career Center and present career programs (e.g. Overview of Services, Resumes, Cover Letters, etc.) to students in classes, residence halls, and student groups.
- Assist with general office duties, programs and events.
- Assist with special events and activities, including mock interviews, job fairs and on-campus recruiting (OCR).
- Assist with other office services including front desk coverage and email monitoring, as necessary.
- Special projects may include assisting with course assignments, marketing, and social media.
NOTE: The GA must be available both Fall and Spring semesters through May 2025 between 8am – 4pm for an average of 20 hours per week when school is in session. Compensation is up to $4500 per semester for a 300 hours position and is paid at a $15.00 per hour rate. The hired GA will work in their respective office Career Center. This is NOT a remote work position. Apply by January 5, 2024. Applications may be reviewed as they are received and this posting may close before the deadline.
Questions? Email Diana (Anderson) Brush at email@example.com or call 814-393-2323.