The Office for Accessibility Services Testing Center is responsible for providing alternative testing arrangements or Academic Aide/Classroom Aide services to students who receive testing and classroom accommodations. The Academic Aide works 1:1 with students registered with the Office for Accessibility Services in monitoring, implementing, and supporting student testing/classroom needs. This position works in a confidential setting and must adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies regarding educational accommodations.
We are seeking students who are out-going, considerate, and respectful of all communities within Edinboro University. These students must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work well in 1:1 or group situations, and convey a professional and mature approach to their work.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Schedule exams in the alternative testing center through use of Alternate Testing Arrangement slips
2. Scribe exams as per student accommodations
3. Read exams as per student accommodations
4. Monitor testing rooms via camera to avert cases of cheating, plagiarism, and general safety
5. Scan student purchased text books into alternate formats
6. Provide lab/classroom assistance for students registered with the OAS
7. Return exams to departments after student completion
8. Manage cleanliness and technology of testing rooms
1. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status and a full-time Edinboro student.
2. Have a cumulative QPA of 2.3 or better.
3. Good communication and people skills.
4. Typing skills and legible handwriting skills