Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. The NextGen Leadership Program is a six-month virtual mentoring program that pairs mentors from one of Disability:IN’s Corporate Partner companies with mentees who are college students and recent graduates with disabilities to focus on career readiness and employment outcomes. The program connects NextGen Leaders with experienced professionals, creating supportive relationships to navigate the job search. NextGen Leader mentees will gain access and mentors from Corporate Partners, however there is no guarantee that NextGen Leaders will receive a job offer during the program.
- Meet virtually twice monthly for six months with a corporate mentor.
- Participate in monthly professional development webinars.
- Receive notifications of various job opportunities with Corporate Partners throughout the year via a Job Opportunity Digest.
- Opportunity to attend the annual Virtual Speed Networking to meet with up to five Corporate Partners.
- Have the option to attend the 2024 Disability:IN Global Conference & Expo in person from Saturday, July 13 to Thursday, July 18, 2024, in Las Vegas
To participate in the 2024 NextGen Leadership Program, you must:
- Be either a current undergraduate, graduate, or law student (enrolled and actively attending classes) or a recent graduate (no earlier than 2022) of an accredited North American or South American college or university
- Self-identify as an individual with any type of disability
- Individuals that are not U.S. citizens are invited to participate in this program provided that you meet all 3 of the following criteria:
- Located in North or South America
- Possess all proper and necessary work authorization documents for work in the United States and/or your desired country of employment
- Fluent in both verbal and written English for the purposes of general business correspondence and communication with your mentor
The online application must be completed by the end of day 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Friday, Jan. 12, 2024. No exceptions or extensions will be granted. The NextGen Leadership Program is highly selective and receives approximately 1,000 applications each year with only about 400 selected to participate.