PennACE recognizes the achievements made by undergraduate students enrolled at member institutions (including PennWest) who have completed an internship or co-op with the JoAnne Day Student of the Year Awards.
- Undergraduate students can apply for an award if they started and completed an internship during the time period of August 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023 while enrolled in an undergraduate program at PennWest.
- Internships may include internships, co-ops, student teaching, clinicals or other academic experiential learning.
- The internship/co-op/clinical/experience could have been for credit, non-credit; paid or unpaid.
Undergraduate students can apply for awards in one of the following categories based on the nature of their experience:
- STEM Award: engineering, computer science/information technology, sciences or research.
- Liberal Arts Award: educational services, social science/service, humanities or human services, government, communication, arts, or entertainment.
- Business Award: business, marketing, management, accounting, business development or strategy, supply chain/logistics, or finance.
- Associate Degree Award: Students in an Associate’s Program who have completed an experience related to any category (STEM, Liberal Arts, or Business)
Application deadline is October 13, 2023
Application Packets must Include:
- Application form with student essay (750 words or less), resume and professional photo
- Letter of Support from Internship Supervisor
- Letter of Support from University personnel